Monday, September 30, 2013

Thank you :)

Thankyou for the lovely welcoming comments on my latest post :) Its lovely to have people here and I promise to do some catch up reading on your blogs as soon as I can. I had a lovely day at work in the fabric shop. Week 2 and I was on my own for nearly the whole day :) But it was nice and quiet with a steady trickle of customers to keep me busy. I managed to find time to do some cleaning  around the store and some re-organising of quilting magazines, journals for sale, ribbons, lace, amazing beaded embellishing items and of course fabrics. Honestly this does not even feel like going to work, it just feels like heaven :) When I think back to my waitressing days!! *shudder* Heehee :)
Yesterday was my birthday, the big 35! I had a lovely day being spoilt by my boys, starting with a beautiful hot cooked breakfast, a handmade card (aren't they just the best!!) earrings, lunch with my boys, friends and my brother; a huge cake in the afternoon and a lovely quiet evening watching DVDs with hubby. A perfect day.
I really enjoyed organising and cleaning in the shop today. Sorting the cotton homespun into a rainbow and organising all the ribbon reels back in to their colour groups, soooo blissful indeed :) My boys then picked me up and Alex had a little play with the toys in the back corner of the store (its avery family-friendly shop!).
I will have to post some pics of the store one day, all the fabrics lined up along the wall, its just divine. I don't know what I have done to deserve such a lovely job but it must have been something very good! Heehee!
I hope you had a lovely Monday as well. Do you have a job that you love? Xxxx

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely to have you back blogging again, Sarndra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds heavenly. I'm a writer and work from home, I love it!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful Hannah! What do you write? Xx

      Delete
    2. Mostly app reviews and tutorials. Not my favourite topic but you've gotta start somewhere :-)

      Delete
    3. Absolutely! I need some new apps :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, i love my job and the people i work for BUT im ready to slow down. Not fully, just take the occassional long weekend. Ive worked since i was 17 years old with only a small 1.5 yr gap for a baby - that's over 30 years of Monday to Friday. I want to spend more time at home but a big mortgage and a Hubby (Aspie) that often loses his job keeps me staying on. At this rate ill pay the mortgage when i am 70.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful Lynda, you obviously have a great work ethic. But maybe you could indulge in a little holiday or time off :) xx

      Delete